Friday, August 12, 2022
by Cheyenne Knight, Kayak Pittsburgh Marketing Intern
And that’s a wrap! It’s hard to believe that the season has come to an end. If we have learned anything over the past few months at Venture Outdoors, we learned that the 2016 season was a season of celebration. From the launch of our newest Kayak Pittsburgh location at Aspinwall Riverfront Park to the recognition of 10 years at our North Park location, 2016 gave us more than enough reasons to be thankful for all of the customers who make it possible for Kayak Pittsburgh to get people on the water year after year.
This season, we had almost 50,000 people out on the water between North Shore, North Park, and Aspinwall Riverfront Park–a new record for Kayak Pittsburgh!
In case you forgot about some of the excitement, here is a recap of our 2016 season:
- Remember when a piranha found a home in North Park?
- How about the time Nick Offerman tweeted about coming to kayak with us?
- We can’t forget about the launch of our newest concession, Kayak Pittsburgh Aspinwall Riverfront Park.
- During the election season, we chose to paddle independently.
- One lucky Kayak Pittsburgh customer won an autographed paddle.
- Another Kayak Pittsburgh customer won an OTB gift basket during our summer raffle.
- We celebrated #ADecadeAtTheBoathouse!
Thank you for making 2016 our best season yet! We wouldn’t be successful if it wasn’t for our dedicated customers. We’ll see you on the water in 2017–if you are just as antsy as we are to get back in a kayak, check out our countdown until next season!