By: Billy Dixon, Communications Intern
This week we’re happy to introduce another valuable member of our intern team, Anna Crotty!
What are you currently up to outside of Venture Outdoors?
When I am not at Venture Outdoors I am a full time student at Duquesne University studying marketing and management.
What brought you to Venture Outdoors?
Venture Outdoors does such amazing and positive work. When I learned that they were hiring interns I had to find out more. From the minute I walked in the office I could tell Venture Outdoors was an awesome place and that I would learn a lot.
Top 3 favorite outdoor activities?
Top 3 things we wouldn’t know about you by looking at you?
1. Despite my height I lack skills in basketball and volleyball.
2. I like to cook. Whether I am good at it is still up for debate.
3. For the majority of my childhood I grew up in the beautiful mountains of Eastern Kentucky.
Top adventure of your life thus far?
The biggest adventure that I have been on so far was studying in France for a month last summer. While there I was able to explore Paris and get out to Barcelona as well. I met so many amazing people from all over the world – it was an extremely humbling and inspiring experience. Someday I would love to go back to see more of Europe.
One person, dead or alive, you’d like to take on a Venture Outdoors outing– and specify what kind!
I would love to take Morgan Freeman on a kayaking trip so he could narrate while I kayak. If he is unavailable I would take Bear Grylls – he knows how to live.
Describe your role at Venture Outdoors in 10 words or less.
Make the Program Team’s lives easier.
What is the craziest thing you have done?
After reflecting for a while I realized that I need to “venture” out of my comfort zone and do something crazy. Any suggestions?
What are your top 3 favorite things to do in Pittsburgh?
1. Eat. I love to eat. Pittsburgh is full of some really great restaurants and I have taken it upon myself to try them all.
2. I am a HUGE Steelers fan, so I like to take full advantage of being in Pittsburgh and I go to as many games as I can.
3. I really enjoy going for walks and the occasional jog around the city or on the various trails.
What is your favorite forest/camping snack?
I like trail mix, but the ratio of M&Ms must be higher than raisins.
Favorite campfire music?
Nature – I like listening to the fire crackling and all the sounds of the sweet sweet outdoors.