Kayak Pittsburgh Lead Supervisor
15 Questions with Hunter Boyd
1. Briefly tell us about your background: where did you grow up, where did you go to school, and what brought you to Venture Outdoors?
Grew up in Mars Pennsylvania, graduating from Mars High School in 2019. I am currently attending Penn State University, University Park, pursuing a degree in biology with a neuroscience focus and a double minor in psychology and neurology on a premed track (sorry that’s a mouth full). I originally joined VO three years ago as a part time KP attendant summer job.
2. Describe your role at Venture Outdoors in 10 words or less.
Manage daily concession operation’s and facilitate KP programming operations.
3. What does “getting outside” mean to you?
Getting outside means living to me. There are so many beautiful things this world has to offer (both to see and experience!). Getting outside is the first step in taking advantage of these opportunities’ and experiences!
4. If you had to pick only one recreational activity to practice for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
Golf… but a more outdoorsy option would be skiing!
5. What is the craziest thing you have done?
Road a black diamond my first time ever skiing and not knowing how to stop (bombed it 😕) .
6. What are your top five favorite outdoors/travel destinations?
1. Seven Spring Summit 2. Mount Nittany Hiking Trail 3. Lake Auther 4. Buttermilk Falls 5. Mcconell Mills
7. What is your favorite forest/camping snack?
8. Name three people in history (dead or alive) with whom you would want to take on a Venture Outdoors program of your choice.
Morgan Freedman, Neil Degrass Tyson, Issic Newton
9. What are you most looking forward to at Venture Outdoors?
All the new Programming coming to the Kayak Pittsburgh Locations
10. Describe your dream Venture Outdoors program/outing.
A sunset paddle around a scenic lake
11. What is the earliest memory you have of being outside?
My dad taking me out on a hunting trip. We camped overnight for a weekend and hunted during the day
12. What would the title of your autobiography be?
The Epoch of Hunter Boyd: Leader of Attendants, Supervisor of Supervisors, Master of the Dock! (Jk probably something lame like the story of Hunter Boyd. It would also only be like 60 pages 0_o).
13. Any hidden talents?
I can sing all 118 elements on the periodic table – Nerd
14. What is your favorite song (or album) right now?
LOVE A-O-K by Tia Verdes
15. What is your biggest challenge nowadays?
I feel like in a day where social media drives society it has becomes harder and harder to be yourself. You’re always watching other people and things they do and how they live their life. It’s so easy to fall into trying to replicate someone else’s life. Life is too short not to live the way you want to. So nowadays I feel like my biggest challenge is staying true to myself. Someone told me a few years ago when you die, if someone showed you a movie of your life, would it be worth watching? I took that to heart and now focus on living my best life every day ❤️!