1. Briefly tell us about your background: where did you grow up, where did you go to school, and what brought you to Venture Outdoors?
I am a Pittsburgher! I grew up in East Liberty, with my parents and three siblings. We all still live here and love spending time together. I’m now in the O’Hara section of town with my hubby, son, daughter and our puppy, Peanut.
I went to Lincoln Elementary, Frick ISA Middle School, Schenley High School and topped all of that off with a degree from Duquesne University. Go Dukes!
My husband introduced me to Venture Outdoors during our “courting” days. I just fell in love with the outdoors through the Venture Outdoors experiences that we participated in. When the opportunity came along to work with Venture Outdoors I immediately threw my hat in the ring.
2. Describe your role at Venture Outdoors in 10 words or less.
Fun with numbers, policies and procedures!
3. If you had to pick only one recreational activity to practice for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
Hiking. When you hike you have time to think and use most of your senses. It’s definitely rejuvenating for me.
4. What are your top five favorite outdoors/travel destinations?
Presque Isle (Erie), Bedford, PA, most anywhere in West Virginia, any trail in SW PA and backyard barbecues.
5. What is your favorite forest/camping snack?
I honestly don’t know…
6. Name three people in history (dead or alive) with whom you would want to take on a Venture Outdoors program of your choice.
My father-in-law, Igor. I never had the chance to meet him. He was a geologist and I’m sure would have had lots to teach us on a hike. My maternal grandmother, Lorena. Harriet Tubman; a true outdoors survivalist!
7. What is the earliest memory you have of being outside?
Fishing in North Carolina with my great-aunt, Thelma. I loved baiting the hooks with worms.
8. Any hidden talents?
I can tell where someone is from by hearing them talk.
9. What is your favorite song (or album) right now?
The theme song to “The Mandalorian”
10. What is your biggest challenge nowadays?
I don’t even know where to start, so I won’t.