Title: Head Trip Leader Specialist
Phone: 412-255-0564 x227
1. Briefly tell us about your background: where did you grow up, where did you go to school, and what brought you to Venture Outdoors?
I was born and raised in Munhall, just south of Downtown. I went to California University of PA and studied Parks and Recreation Management. I met Lora and Lora, (Woodward and Hutelmyer), at a conference at CalU and it was a match made in heaven!
2. Describe your role at Venture Outdoors in 10 words or less.
I take kids outside to do all the fun things!
3. What does “getting outside” mean to you?
Enjoying the natural world in any way!
4. If you had to pick only one recreational activity to practice for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
This is such a difficult question to answer since I LOVE everything recreation. I will say that it comes down to Rock Climbing and Skiing.
5. What is the craziest thing you have done?
I love just hanging off of the tops of buildings and cliffs but I’m also a big paranormal guy so I’m always going to haunted places at night trying to find the ghosties. I have had three incidents so far that completely freaked me out and to this day I have not been able to debunk them as not paranormal. (P.S. I’m writing this on Friday the 13th! So appropriate.)
6. What are your top five favorite outdoors/travel destinations?
Unfortunately, I have not had the time or money to do much travelling in my lifetime just yet. Lake Raystown is probably my favorite that I’ve been to. But here’s a list of my bucket list to visit!
1 – Ireland (World’s most haunted country, so obvi this is #1)
2 – Japan (I love anime and I want to be a Samurai someday)
3 – Aokigahara (aka Suicide Forest, the forest located at the northwest base of Mount Fuji)
4 – Australia (Seems dope)
5 – Lastly, anywhere out west in the US. (Colorado, Utah, etc.)
7. What is your favorite forest/camping snack?
8. Name three people in history (dead or alive) with whom you would want to take on a Venture Outdoors program of your choice.
1 – Whoever I was in my last life. 2 – Whoever he was in his last life. 3 – Whoever he was in his last life. So it’s just 3 mes all about explorin’ and stuff.
9. What is your favorite Venture Outdoors memory?
Any time I see the kids I’m working with having fun outside.
10. Describe your dream Venture Outdoors program/outing.
I love downhill skiing so I think it would be so cool for that.
11. What is the earliest memory you have of being outside?
My family was always going camping when I was younger, but I still remember briefly the first time that I drove into a campground and getting so excited.
12. What would the title of your autobiography be?
13. Any hidden talents?
No matter how annoying you may think I am, I promise I can make it worse.
14. What is your favorite song (or album) right now?
Greeley Estates is now and will forever be my favorite band. I love their songs Narrow Roads and Go West Young Man.
15. What is your biggest challenge nowadays?
Trying to improve myself physically. My diet and workout regime have not been up to par…