Title: Community Program Manager
Phone: 412-255-0564 x237
1. Briefly tell us about your background: where did you grow up, where did you go to school, and what brought you to Venture Outdoors?
I grew up in Rochester, NY, went to school at Allegheny College in Meadville, PA, and came to Venture Outdoors for a part-time, temporary job…. Five years later, I’m still here.
2. Describe your role at Venture Outdoors in 10 words or less.
Plan and coordinate programs and manage the awesome volunteers who implement them.
3. What does “getting outside” mean to you?
Everything from the 10-minute walk from the parking lot to my desk in the morning to covering lots of ground hiking, kayaking or biking.
4. If you had to pick only one recreational activity to practice for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
Hiking, with paddling as a close second. You can hike or paddle anywhere.
5. What is the craziest thing you have done?
Moved several times to cities/towns where I’ve known no one for jobs or internships.
6. What are your top five favorite outdoors/travel destinations?
Too many to pick just 5!
7. What is your favorite forest/camping snack?
8. Name three people in history (dead or alive) with whom you would want to take on a Venture Outdoors program of your choice.
Jane Goodall, David McCullough, my parents and sister.
9. What is your favorite Venture Outdoors memory?
Destination Paddles to French Creek.
10. Describe your dream Venture Outdoors program/outing.
Any trip where people have an awesome time, come back smiling and tell their friends about their awesome experience.
11. What is the earliest memory you have of being outside?
Helping my dad with our garden (I was a great weed puller and seed planter at age 3!)
12. What would the title of your autobiography be?
Though she be but little, she is fierce.
13. Any hidden talents?
14. What is your favorite podcast right now?
How I Build This
15. What is your biggest challenge nowadays?
Having time to plan my next adventure while still planning them for others!