Title: Director of Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
Phone: 412-255-0564 x242
1. Briefly tell us about your background: where did you grow up, where did you go to school, and what brought you to Venture Outdoors?
I grew up in North Carolina and graduated from Western Carolina University. I joined the Venture Outdoors team to directly connect with outdoor enthusiasts.
2. Describe your role at Venture Outdoors in 10 words or less.
Create adventures specifically tailored to your interest.
3. What does “getting outside” mean to you?
Get outside is the opportunity to connect with your community in a shared setting that can be enjoyed at your convenience.
4. If you had to pick only one recreational activity to practice for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
Hiking; a very connected way to discover your community and take in nature.
5. What is the craziest thing you have done?
Unfortunately, I’m not much of an adrenaline seeker.
6. What is your top favorite outdoors/travel destination?
- Asheville, NC ; (can’t beat going home).
7. What is your favorite forest/camping snack?
8. Name three people in history (dead or alive) with whom you would want to take on a Venture Outdoors program of your choice.
- Martin Luther King Jr.
- Upton Sinclair
- Fredrick Douglas
9. What are you looking forward to most while working at Venture Outdoors?
I look forward to creating a lifelong love for the outdoors with every generation while building outdoor advocates within every neighborhood to continue the push for outdoor adventures.
10. What is the earliest memory you have of being outside?
Fishing with my grandpa and brother.
11. Describe your dream Venture Outdoors program/trip.
An outdoor festival bringing together outdoor gear, food and modern music.
A history of land conservancy class that teaches legislation that has shaped today’s landmarks, green spaces, and national parks.
12. Any hidden talents?
13. What is your favorite song (or album) right now?
Gary Clark Jr. – The Story of Sonny Boy Slim
14. What is your biggest challenge nowadays?
Connecting technology to outdoor adventures.
15. What would the title of your autobiography be?