Title: PULSE Fellow
1. Briefly tell us about your background: where did you grow up, where did you go to school, and what brought you to Venture Outdoors?
I grew up in Chagrin Falls, Ohio. It is about 30 minutes East Cleveland. I went to Mercyhurst University in Erie, PA. I studied Criminal Justice with a concentration in Law Enforcement and a minor in Criminology. I was brought to Venture Outdoors because I enjoy being outside and I believe everybody should have a chance to enjoy it as well.
2. Describe your role at Venture Outdoors in 10 words or less.
Trip Leader Specialist/Community Liaison for Knoxville
3. What does “getting outside” mean to you?
Getting outside means enjoying the outdoors. It can be anything from hiking to camping to swimming. Just being outdoors in general.
4. If you had to pick only one recreational activity to practice for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
Camping because I love the whole aspect of it. I enjoy making campfires and cooking with them as well as fishing and swimming
5. What is the craziest thing you have done?
The craziest thing I have ever done was active training at my internship with NorthEast Police Department.
6. What are your top five favorite outdoors/travel destinations?
- Daytona Beach, Florida
- Presque Isle, Pennsylvania
- Massanutten, Virginia
- Nelsons’ Ledges, Ohio
- The Grand Canyon.
7. What is your favorite forest/camping snack?
8. Name three people in history (dead or alive) with whom you would want to take on a Venture Outdoors program of your choice.
Steve Irwin, Akon, Joe Thomas
9. What are you looking forward to most while working for Venture Outdoors?
I am looking forward to leading or assisting in trips with the youth involving the water.
10. Describe your dream Venture Outdoors program/outing.
My dream program would be an entire weekend camping. The activities would include hunting, fishing, swimming, kayaking, cooking, hiking and canoeing.
11. What is the earliest memory you have of being outside?
The earliest memory I have of being outside is in preschool playing on a jungle gym
12. What would the title of your autobiography be?
Wait There’s More
13. Any hidden talents?
My hidden talent is not knowing my hidden talent.
14. What is your favorite song (or album) right now?
Any song Akon has ever created.
15. What is your biggest challenge nowadays?
Not having AC in my house.