Please note that kayak season is currently closed.
Join our newsletter to receive updates for the next season.
Kayak Pittsburgh is a kayaking rental concession owned and operated by Venture Outdoors. With three convenient locations, you can choose to kayak the three rivers in the heart of Pittsburgh or enjoy the serene scenes of North Park Lake. We pride ourselves in giving you the best customer service to make your on-water experience unforgettable. No experience is necessary and most folks learn how to manage a kayak in 10 to 15 minutes.
If you are looking for guided trips, more instruction, or more of a social format, check out Venture Outdoors’ programs: guided trips include beginner paddles, fireworks paddles, full moon paddles and more!
We hope to offer kayak programming this summer as soon as we are able to do so safely.
The 2020 season pass will be valid for the entirety of the season. If you paid for a 2020 season pass before May 8, 2020 you will also receive 25% off the 2021 season pass.
Kayak Pittsburgh will provide additional updates regarding an opening timeline and/or any additional delays through channels which include;
- Updates on the Venture Outdoors Facebook page and Kayak Pittsburgh Facebook page
- Email sent to Venture Outdoors members, Kayak Pittsburgh season holders, and Kayak Pittsburgh customers
- Updates on the Venture Outdoors website homepage
- Opening dates and/or relevant locational specific updates on all Kayak Pittsburgh voicemails
The safety of Kayak Pittsburgh customers and staff is our top priority. We will follow the recommendations provided by the state in addition to the Center for Disease Control’s sanitation guidelines. We will implement the following at all locations to mitigate the spread of COVID-19:
- We will reduce the capacity of customers on site to encourage social distancing and adequate cleaning protocols.
- We will implement a contactless check-in process with no exchange of collateral or funds.
- The gear-up process has been revamped to provide minimal exchanges and reduction of physical touch.
- Paddles and watercraft will follow a sanitation regiment after each customer.
- Lifejackets will have a one-use cycle before being sanitized with warm water and soap.
- High touchpoint areas will be routinely sanitized.
- All employees will be masked throughout your time with us.
- Sanitizer will be provided for customers and staff at each level of interaction.