Sara Middleton she/her
Youth Program Manager
1. Briefly tell us about your background: where did you grow up, where did you go to school, and what brought you to Venture Outdoors?
I grew up in the Mon Valley spending a lot of time fishing, riding bikes, & playing sports. I went to school for Exercise Physiology at WVU, initially worked in the fitness industry, then the climbing industry, & now Venture Outdoors!
2. Describe your role at Venture Outdoors in 10 words or less.
Facilitating outdoor adventure & discovery.
3. If you had to pick only one recreational activity to practice for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
Riding my bike! You can experience so much on the various types of bicycles.
4. What are your top five favorite outdoors/travel destinations?
McConnells Mill State Park
Valley of Fire State Park in Nevada
all of West Virginia
Pike National Forest in Colorado
Collegiate Peaks Wilderness, also in Colorado
5. What is your favorite forest/camping snack?
6. Name three people in history (dead or alive) with whom you would want to take on a Venture Outdoors program of your choice.
Lynn Hill, Beyonce, Eleanor Roosevelt.
7. What is the earliest memory you have of being outside?
Hanging out on Lake Erie.
8. Any hidden talents?
No, but my belly button has been rebuilt twice in the past 5 years.
9. What is your favorite song (or album) right now?
Taylor Swift – Midnights
10. What is your biggest challenge nowadays?
Deciding where to ride my bike.