We've kicked off the second year of the Miles Challenge. This year you can play…
Venture Outdoors volunteers help educate, equip, and inspire people to get outdoors. We’re seeking an enthusiastic team of volunteer Trip Leaders for our 2022 activities calendar. Outdoor lovers interested in leading people in hiking, biking, kayaking, running, nature identification, birding, are encouraged to apply.
Perhaps you have a special skill you want to share? Unicycling? Invasive species harvesting? Rock climbing?
We want to hear about it!
Trip Leaders are Trained Community Leaders
As a Venture Outdoors Trip Leaders you’re trained in facilitation, wilderness safety, and group dynamics. We prepare you to handle various possible scenarios, and help you feel confident as a leader. You can take these skills with you to your next adventure. Best of all, as a Trip Leader, you’re giving back to your community and connecting with others.
Step One – Apply
- Tell us about yourself and start your online portal login. Our Program Manager will follow up with you about training dates and next steps.
Step Two – Outdoor Leadership Training
- Participate in our virtual Outdoor Leadership Training. Here you’ll learn about leaderships styles, learning styles, safety, and procedures to prepare you for leading outdoors.
Step Three – Paperwork
- Submit a Criminal History Background Check
- Complete First Aid and CPR Training (we’ll assist you in getting these together)
Step Three – Join Your First Trip
- Assist in leading a fun and safe outdoor activity or get started planning a trip
Questions? Learn more before applying
Want more information before signing-up? Feel free to reach out to Alyssa (email@example.com) or sign-up for an informational session.