What are you currently up to outside of Venture Outdoors?
Currently, I am completing my Bachelor of the Arts degree in Mass Communication, working part time as a hostess, and enjoying my spare time creating art via music, poetry, photography or video.
Top 3 things you wouldn’t know about me by looking at me:
- I went to a performing arts high school for musical theatre.
- I am a Scorpio sun and Leo moon with an Aquarius rising.
- I have a giant scar on my stomach from a random cyst I had removed in 2016. The cyst was 20cm long and probably weighted about 5 pounds. I had no idea it was growing inside of me or why, but it was benign and there were no complications.
Top adventure of your life thus far?
I spent a semester at Prescot College in Arizona, and for orientation I spent 21 days backpacking through the back country of Arizona. We hiked through two canyons, West Clear Creek canyon and Wet Beaver Creek canyon. If you google search, “the crack swimming hole in Arizona,” you will see pictures of this beautiful water hole that I spent the last day of the hike jumping in. Definitely the top adventure of my life thus far.
Top 3 favorite outdoor activities?
- Hiking- getting on a trail and spending hours in nature does wonders on the psyche
- Water Hole Jumping- nothing compares to the rush of adrenaline you get when you hurl your body off a rock and splash into an ice cold pool of water
- Sun Bathing/Yoga- Stretching and “zen-ing” out under the sun is important to do when you live in Pittsburgh where sunny days and vitamin D is limited
What is your favorite forest/camping snack?
A nice crunchy bowl of granola softened with hot instant coffee, and a spoonful of peanut butter mixed in. Classic.